Thursday, February 4, 2010

I thought that the Ad Council's press release regarding the Think Before you Speak ad campaign used both invented and situated proofs, but not well. The press release was really redundant and used the same evidence for their proofs repeatedly, making it ineffective in my opinion. I felt like not having variety took power away from all the other proofs.

I think their ad campaign primarily draws upon invented proof, which is smart because they are trying to reach teens. Using emotion as a means of argument I believe would be more convincing to them. I think the ads used situated proofs at the end. The speaker uses logic to explain why using certain language is illogical. The whole, "what if I called you..."

I don't know how effective these ads would be on teens. The campaign tells the audience what to do: "knock it off." I think that that phrase has a parental tone. I think using a scenario where a teen tells his/her friend why it's not cool to use that kind of language.

No comments:

Post a Comment