Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not what you think

My Valentine's Day was deliciously unconventional. My boyfriend and I have spent ridiculous amounts of time together because our lack of money and jobs, so we spent the majority of Valentine's Day away from each other. Content and secure in our separation, we spent the day with our closest friends. Him with him and her with her. For us, giving each other time to bond with others was a great breather that revived us both and made us better together.

Ayva and I polished ourselves up, relishing in taking too much time to get ready. Girlishly excited we went to shi shi bars and had some much needed girl talk. Sipping cool salty martinis, while sharing everything from the deep to the shallow, filled me with a dizzying satisfaction.

Later we all met up and our respective partners gave us flowers and Prosecco, but the most romantic thing my boyfriend and I gave each other that day was time to spend with our friends...feeding a part of us that we had been sadly deprived of for far too long. This may sound unromantic, and maybe it wasn't romantic, but it was a lovely gift to give to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment