Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cause and Effect

I have decided that I want to build and maintain a personal food blog, encompassing my two passions. I have been apprehensive about doing this because I am a perfectionist and I want my blog to look and sound a certain way, but I have come to the conclusion that I just need to take the plunge and do it.

Cooking and writing about food makes me feel alive. It is a catharsis and it is when my skills are at their best. Committing to a food blog would give me much needed personal accountability and help me sharpen my writing skills. I have also discovered that the majority of food writers in Seattle are not only freelance writers, but also got their start with their own personal food blogs. By doing my own, I would be taking the first step towards what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment