Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MPP Part One: Be Your Own Citizen



Memo: Major Analysis Project

Title: Be Your Own Citizen

Genre: Political Poster

Publication: Physically posted; in magazines; possibly part of a commercial

Audience: My audience is pretty broad: citizens. I wanted to target people who watched all the major news networks, like MSNBC, CNN, and FoxNews. I tried to put every political pundit I could think of on my poster, and a fair amount of them as well. I didn't want to exclude anyone in my audience.

Brief Analysis: My goal was to encourage people to think. Think about why they care about certain political issues. Is it because they really feel that way? Or is it because they are so absorbed in the media? I tried to make poster provocative. I wanted all the pundits to look like talking heads that just produced a lot of the same noise. I chose a white silhouette of a person because I wanted to convey the idea that someone was walking out of or away from all the media chatter. They were choosing to be an individual and make independent choices, no matter what party they fell in line with.

No comments:

Post a Comment